HERE ARE SOME THINGS TO KNOW DURING THIS COVID 19 ATTACK:
- Don’t be afraid. Psalm 27:1 says, “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Refresh yourself with the love of God. 1 John 4 says, “God is love . . . There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear.” And in Jeremiah 31:3, we read, “I (God) have loved you with an everlasting love.”
- Trust in God’s faithfulness. The Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:3, “The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from evil.”
- Be at rest. This, too, shall pass as Psalm 91 tells us, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
- Be led by God, not by fear. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
- Keep your focus not on fear, but on Jesus. Let’s not focus so much on the virus, but on Jesus. An old gospel hymn says it well (and were I with you, I’d sing it):
“Let’s talk about Jesus,
The King of Kings is He,
The Lord of lords supreme,
Through all eternity.
The Great I am, the Way,
The Truth, the Life, the Door,
Let’s talk about Jesus more and more.”
– Herbert Buffum, Jr.
My wife and I are praying for you daily and look for the day, hopefully soon, when we can come together again. Until then, may the peace of Christ and His blessings be yours,
Executive Director John Schneider